- International Business
- Brand Marketing
- Sensory marketing
- Business Education
- Multivariate Data Analysis
Teaching Area Interests
- International Business
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research
- Business negotiation
- Cross-cultural management
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- 2009: Ph.D. In Marketing and Distribution Sciences. University of Marketing and Distribution Sciences, Kobe, Japan.
- 2006: Master of Marketing and Distribution Sciences. University of Marketing and Distribution Sciences, Kobe, Japan.
- 2005: Master of Economics. Université de Sfax, Tunisia.
- 2002: Master of Management. Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Sfax, Tunisia.
- Research Methodology, Multivariate Data Analysis,
- Marketing research,
- International Business, International Business: International Offerings, International Business: Leading Countries, Cross-cultural management
- Sales negotiation, Strategic Marketing
- Innovation & development
- Affaires internationales
- September 2015 to present: Head of the Master of Science in International Business
- 2013-2014: Head of Understanding the world - Innovation & Development Department
- 2010 to Present: Associate Professor, ESC Bretagne Brest. Responsible for Teaching and doing Research in the Area of International Business and Marketing
- 2009-2010: Assistant Professor, UMDS Japan. Responsible for Teaching and doing Research in the Area of Marketing Research, Research Methodology, and Multivariate Data Analysis
- 2006-2009: Teaching Assistant, UMDS Japan. Responsible for Teaching and doing Research in the Area of Marketing Research, Research Methodology, and Multivariate Data Analysis
- 2010: Visiting Lecturer, Osaka University of Economics
- 2010: Visiting Lecturer, ESCE Tunis (2010). Lectures on International E-Environment
- 2007-2009: Advisor for the Mayor of Kobe, Japan. Consulting in Social and City Marketing
- 2009: Advisor for the Japanese Ministry of Education: Consulting on Education of Foreign Students
- 2009: Assistant to the Saudi Embassy in Japan: Assistance to Promote Saudi Students in Japan
- Koubaa Yamen, Rym Srarfi Tabbane, Manel Hamouda. Segmentation of the senior market: How do different variable sets discriminate between senior segments? Journal of Marketing Analytics, vol.5 (3), pp.99-110, 2017.
- KOUBAA Yamen. Odor-induced taste enhancement and consumption of low-sugar pastry, International Journal of Market Research, vol. 59, issue 6, 2017, (FNEGE 3).
- Koubaa Yamen. (2016) An empirical illustration of the transformation process of purchasing. An application of the system dynamic modelling approach, The international Journal of Logistics Management, Vol. 27, n°1, pp. 167-187, 2016.
- Koubaa Y., Boudali RM, Fort F. (2015) Multidimensional structures of brand and country images and their effect on product evaluation. International Journal of Market Research, 2015, vol.57, issue 1, pp 95-124.
- Koubaa Y., Tabbane R.S., Jallouli Chaabouni R. (2014). On the use of structural equation modeling in marketing image research. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 2014, vol. 26 n°2, pp.315-338.
- Koubaa Y., Eleuch ep Koubaa A. (2012). Determinants of Tunisian SMES Exporting Behavior: an Empirical Investigation, Journal of Global Business and Technology (GBATA), vol. VIII (1), Spring 2012.
- Koubaa Y., Ulvoas G., Chew P. (2011). The Dual Impact of Traditional and National Values on Expatriate Ethnic Groups: Attitudes and Willingness to buy, Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, vol. 25.
- Koubaa, Y. (2009). Ethnocentrism, Country of Origin, and Brand Perception in a Special Context. International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets, vol.3.
- Koubaa, Y. (2009). Influence of Cognition and Involvement on Country of Origin Effects. Journal of Applied Global Research, vol. 2 (3)
- Koubaa, Y. (2008). Country of Origin, Brand Image, and Brand Image Structure. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, vol. 20 (2).
- Koubaa Yamen, Boudali Rim Methamem, Eleuch Amira, (2016), The impact of food aroma on body conscious and non-conscious, 44ème congrès annuel de l’ASAC 2016, 4-6 June 2016, Edmonton, Canada.
- Koubaa Y., Tabbane R.S., Hamouda Manel. Multiple criteria segmentation of the French senior market. ASAC 2014, May 9-14, 2014, Toronto, Canada.
- Koubaa Y. (2013).SEM Application in marketing image research : an assessement, Klibel 2013 Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 6-10 April 2013.
- Koubaa Y. (2012). Intercultural Internal Communication Following Mergers and Acquisitions. The 10th Workshop The Society of Asian Retailing and Distribution (SARD), Osaka, Japan, 27 November – 3 December 2012.
- Koubaa Y., Jallouli R., Raboudi F. (2012). Customer Knowledge Management: Implementation and Added-value, 3ème journées de l’Unité de Recherche et Applications en Marketing (URAM), Hammanet, 4-5 May 2012.
- Koubaa Y. (2011). AACSB Accreditation and the Perception of the Business School Performance in France, International conference of ATM 2011, Hammamet, Tunisia, 8 – 10 April 2011.
- Koubaa Y., Ulvoas G., Chew P. (2011). The Dual Impact of Traditional and National Values on Attitudes and Willingness to Buy Cosmetics in Singapore, Global Business And Technology Association’s Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, 12-16 July 2011.
- Satayendra, S. and Koubaa, Y. (2011). Luxury Marketing in Emerging Markets. The Thirteenth Global Business and Technology Association Conference, July 12-16, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Koubaa Y. (2010). Major Mutations in the Tunisian Distribution Sector from 2000 to 2010: The Big and The Smalls, 8th Society of Asian Retailing and Distribution Workshop, Kobe, Japan, 26-27-28 November 2010.
- Koubaa, Y. (2010). Arab Cultural Heterogeneities and Services Marketing Implications: a Comparative Study. The Thought Leaders Conference on Brand Management, April 18-20, 2010, Lugano, Switzerland.
- Koubaa, Y. (2010). Japanese Department Store: Facts and Challenges. The Twelfth Global Business and Technology Association Conference, July 5-9 2010, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
- Koubaa, Y. and Eleuch Ep Koubaa, A. (2009). Public Policy and International Business. Global Business and Technologies Association Conference, 7-11 of July 2009, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Eleuch Ep Koubaa, A. Koubaa, Y. and Fujimoto, H. (2009). Tunisian Exporter Firms: Profile Differences. Global Business and Technologies Association Conference, 7-11 of July 2009, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Koubaa, Y. (2009). Influence of Cognition and Involvement on Product Country Image Effects. Intellectbase Academic Conference, 27-29 of May 2009, Nashville, TN, USA.
- Koubaa, Y. (2009). Proactive Response in Marketing during Economic Recession: Case of the Tunisian Tourism Industry. The 7th Society of Asian Retailing and Distribution Workshop, Chung-Ang University, Seoul Korea, November 2009.
- Koubaa, Y. (2008). Reconsidering the Effect of Country of Origin on Consumer Behavior. Global Business and Technologies Association Conference, 8-12 of July 2008, Madrid, Spain.
Book and Book Chapters
- Koubaa Y. (2014). Exploring the properties of online social data and their implications for consumer research, In Harnessing the power of social media and web analytics. IGI Global Publishing, 2014.
- Koubaa Y. (2011). Business Education Across Cultures and Languages in Service Science Research, Strategy, and Innovation: Dynamic Knowledge Management Methods. ICI Global Publishing, octobre 2011.
Speeches / Presentations at a Community Meeting
- 2006: Seminar at the UMDS Monthly meeting
- 2006: Best Master Thesis
Other scientific activities
- 2007-2010: Design Marketing Research and Multivariate Data Analysis Teaching Programs at UMDS Japan
- Member of the Japanese Marketing Association
- Member of the Japanese Society of Consumer Behavior Research
- Member of Intellecbase International Consortium
- 2009 to Present: Editorial Board of Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics
- 2010 to Present: Editorial Board of Services Sciences Research; Strategy and Innovation: Dynamic Knowledge Management Methods Book.